Type in the post you are looking for here:

Saturday, November 20, 2010

E.L.F. Beauty Encyclopedia Neutral Edition Swatches / Review

E.L.F. Neutral Encyclopedia- 12 e/s, 1 small eyeliner (coffee) 1 double sided sponge tip applicator for $4.99 ( also accompanied with application instructions)


Hey there ladies, Thanks to all my followers I really appreciate you all taking the time to check out my blog!

So I keep it real and we all know the saying "you pay for what you get" well that is the case here, but wait I am not saying that it is terrible you are just going to have to work at it. Here I go.....

Well the color's in this "encyclopedia" (palette in laments terms) are beautiful! Don't get me wrong, I was so excited to try it out when I saw the shades. But I will say that I am happy that I only got this one, I was tempted to get the others they had. So although the shades are so pretty and true neutrals they are not really pigmented at all, but again really what can you expect, right?

Now I am not saying that I didn't do a decent eye look with this palette, it just took probably two times as long, you have to be careful not to load your brush with to much shadow because you will get a ton of fall out, and forget tapping off the brush first because the shadow will fly right off too, lol!!! "fly". Some colors are a bit more "powder-y" then others, but then some might have a bit more pigmentation then others.

So basically you are consistently going back and re applying and blendinnnnnnnnggggg for ever!!! LOL!!!!

I also notice for these shades to really show up on my eye I needed to use a white base and I had to apply it a bit heavy (one trick to use to help these along) Other than that the colors are great. Just take your time with them and you will like it.
But hey I love E.L.F big time and I have a few other items from them that I am very pleased with, this just wasn't the pick of the litter. This is really nice for beginners that are getting in to make up and want something to play with.


I tried my best with the swatches below, you can see the pigmentation for your self, with just one swatch. Enjoy Ladies!!!! (see palette at the very end)

Eye liner, row 1, 2, 3






(From top to bottom according to palette) to left a swatch of eyeliner in coffee.  



Row 1

 

(side view) row 1, and 2 w/ eyeliner











Eye Liner "coffee"


Row 3


2 comments:

  1. The palette looks pretty in the actual palette! Some of the colors don't look too bad. :)

    Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing haul evita! ;) im so loving wet N wild! the single e/s colors: penny & nutty are so pretty!! I LUV 'EM!! great swatches too ;)
    xoxo ~y

    ReplyDelete